Patricia Mary Leeson
F, #461, Deceased, b. 16 March 1915, d. 13 March 1970
- Consanguinity: Partner of Alfred Roby (uncle of Adrian John Snelson)
Family: Alfred Roby (b. 25 August 1906, d. 17 February 1984)
- Name: Patricia Mary Leeson was also known as Patricia Mary Roby.
- Biography: According to a cutting from the Halifax Courier and Guardian, Saturday, July 26, 1941 : -
Roby, only son of Mr. and Mrs. A. H. Roby, 18 Elm Vale, Fairfield, Liverpool, and Mis Patricia Mary Leeson, only daughter of the late Mr. A. M. Leeson and Mrs. Leeson, 23 Nursery Lane, Ovenden. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. H. Palmer M.A. attended as matron of honour by Mrs. C. A. Kesterton wore a French-grey tailored costumeof boucle, with knife pleated skirt. Her hat was of the same material and she carried a spray of pink rosebuds.
Mr A. N. Spencer was best man and the groomsmen were Messrs F Chambers and J. Alexander. A reception was held at the White Swan Hotel, Halifax
I remember her with great affection as "Aunty Pat" ... she was always very kind to me, and forever will I remember her strange way of beginning to laugh - which started as a distinct "Tssssssssssssst" ... very infectious and becoming I thought.
- Birth: She was born on 16 March 1915.
- Occupation: She was a teacher, domestic science in Halifax, Yorkshire, in 1939.
- Residence: She resided in Halifax in 1941.
- Marriage: Patricia Mary Leeson and Alfred Roby were married on 26 July 1941 in the local parish church, Ovendon, Halifax.
- Death: She died on 13 March 1970, at age 54.
- Burial: She was a Buried at on 16 March 1970.
|Census 1939||Patricia Mary Leeson Id #461 (Principal) was at home on Census night 1939 |
Original Documents, Source and Citations here
- Last Edited: 6 July 2021 12:41:21