F, #20951, Deceased, b. 28 January 1826
- Consanguinity: 3rd cousin 4 times removed of Adrian John ("John") Snelson
- Birth: Emma Higham was born on 28 January 1826 in Huyton.
- Biography: According to Lisa Stanway.1
|Census 1841||Emma Higham Id #20,951 (Member of Household) was at home on Census night 1841 at Eccleston. |
Also in the household that night were Thomas Snelson (Principal) and Margaret Rowland (Wife)
For search purposes, their Id numbers are respectively as follows :- Id #109 and 108
Original Documents, Source and Citations here 2
- [S5923] Lisa Stanway, Thomas The School, Memo: Dear Adrian
Firstly - congratulations on your database that I stumbled upon, what a resource and a labour of love. I've very much enjoyed looking through it. I think it's likely that we're related as I came across your work googling 'Snelson'. I have been tracing my family back and had come across a baptism record for my ancestor Jane Higham giving her parents as Thomas (gardener) and Mary. Looking through the records for other children I found a marriage which fitted for Mary Snelson and Thomas Higham as parents - right time, occupation and area. Mary Higham appears in the census records with the rest of the family, her birth details are b 1801 in Farndon. Looking through your database this matches exactly with your Mary Snelson. In addition, the Emma Higham who is with Thomas in the 1841 census would be Mary Snelson and Thomas Higham's eldest daughter and so Thomas Snelson's granddaughter. There is a baptism record for Emma confirming her parents as Thomas and
So I have details of Mary's children and further descendants if you are interested in adding these to your tree - there's quite a lot of info so I'm not sure the best way to get this to you if you'd like. But thank you for letting me go further back in my tree and finding in you some distant cousin.
- [S5504] Census 1841 Cheshire Thomas Snelson a. 65
F, #20952, Deceased, d. before 1851
- Name: Unknown Unknown was also known as Unknown Connor.
- Death: She died before 1851.
- Marriage: Unknown Unknown and Charles Connor were married.
M, #20954, Deceased, b. about 1907, d. after 1997
- Peter Snelson (b. about 1935)
- Sheila Snelson (b. 8 April 1940, d. February 1997)
- Birth: Unknown Snelson was born about 1907.
- Death: He died after 1997.
F, #20955, Deceased, b. 8 April 1940, d. February 1997
- Birth: Sheila Snelson was born on 8 April 1940 in Macclesfield.
- Death: She died in February 1997, at age 56.
Eric R. Snelson
M, #20958, Deceased, b. 23 November 1922, d. 2007
- Father: James Snelson
- Mother: Mildred Unknown
Family: Dorotthy Bolton
- J. Elizabeth Snelson
- Clive Snelson+
- Andrew Snelson
- Alyssa Snelson
- Lt-Colonel Nicholas Snelson+
- Yvonne Snelson+
- Birth: Eric R. Snelson was born on 23 November 1922 in Manchester.
- Occupation: He was a World War II fighter pilot from 1940 to 1945.
- Marriage: Eric R. Snelson and Dorotthy Bolton were married on 31 March 1951 in Prestwich.
Obituary on 3 August 2007:
- Death: He died in 2007, at age ~85, in USA.